Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We're Here!


Did we pack enough? Yikes!


This is the view from our hotel room.


Ben, Becca and Kailani

Well, after a long 17 hour,bumpy flight over the Pacific Ocean, we made it to Bangkok. It's amazing to be here and I'm still pinching myself...it seems so unreal to me. It still hasn't hit me yet.
The Thai people are breathtaking. These beautiful and gracious people leave me in awe. Thailand is known as the "land of smiles." And Bangkok is very much living up to this name.

We were so excited to find out when we checked-in to our hotel that the couple who's been here this past week getting their daughter Kailani, were still checked-in. We were told they were leaving today, but were still here. I quickly called their room and we arranged to meet for lunch at the poolside restaurant in the hotel. What a treat that was!!! I feel like I've known these people forever when in actuality we've only communicated via email or through the Holt web forum. But we've followed each others journey of adoption and to get to meet them in person with their new beautiful daughter....I was ecstatic. Kailani is absolutely precious and she even took my hand during lunch and wanted me to walk with her. Do you think I hesitated?! :) We walked around the pool area and then she even let me hold her! I was soaking it all in and just thinking that in 4 days I would be holding my Thai daughter. I can't wait!

Ben and Becca, we're so blessed to have met you in person. Amazing that God brought us together on the other side of the world to meet and journey together. It was great getting insider traveler's tips and advice. Blessings to you and your beautiful family as you continue your vacation in Chang Mai.

Jason and I leave in the morning on a train to Phitsanulok. We will spend the night there and meet with Compassion staff in the morning and travel to meet Sompit and her family. I will take lots of pics and video for everyone. I don't expect to have internet capabilities there, so look for our next post some time Thursday night(Thai time).

Thanks for all your prayers for our travels to Thailand. I felt very peaceful as we flew and I know that was because of all of you. Do remember Jason, as his stomach is acting up and he's hoping to not let that keep him down.

We'll keep you all posted....

4 comments:

Scott and Kathy said...

Hey guys! You made it. We are so glad yall are there. We will add Jason's health to our prayers. We hope yall have a wonderful day tomorrow meeting your sponsored child. What a privilege to meet her and blessing to see how God used you to provide for her. All is well here in Sugar Land. The weather is still chilly. What is it like there? Hopefully the cold weather will keep the armadillo away. West had to come home early today for not feeling well. I think he is fine and will be back tomorrow. Kora and Jackson were doing great yesterday and excited to be with CoCo. We'll be praying for your time tomorrow.
Love yall,
Kathy

Devra said...

We are all so excited - for you, for Maya and for us! Your kids are having a lot of fun. Kora has been in good spirits in the morning and I ran into Mrs. Y who said things in class are great. All of the kids pray for you both and Maya in the car before drop off. Joshua says you must not realize that you forgot to say goodbye AND hug him. Kora is teaching Ella to say “Yes Ma’am” to her. Can’t wait to hear from you again!
Love, Devra

casey said...

I can not wait to meet Maya, and have her in my KC class!!

Christina said...

Hey guys,I am so excited for you to finally be there! I stand in awe of the courage you are displaying by going so far away and adopting a precious gift from God. I am praying for peace and good health for all. I also pray for your christian influence and witness while there. We miss you and can't wait for your return
Love, Christina and Mike