Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Countdown Has Begun

Well, as of today, we are three weeks away from traveling. We are so excited! Yet there is so much that needs to be done before we can sit back and relax on the plane(for 18 hours...yikes).

I'm currently packing a bag for Maya and having so much fun remembering Kora in all the dresses and outfits. How time has flown with her! Now Kora's my big kindergartner who wants to do everything by herself.
Thailand is so tropical that I'm packing sleeveless dresses, shirts and a bathing suit for Maya for our time there in December. Crazy isn't it?
There's still the house that needs to be decorated for Christmas, but I can't seem to bring myself to do that until at least the weekend before Thanksgiving. And I'm working on completing most, if not all, of my Christmas shopping before we leave. We just have no idea what life will look like when we return with a third child. We want to be able to devote as much of ourselves to Maya as possible during the first few weeks. And with Christmas just around the corner when we return, that could be challenging. So we're trying to plan ahead.

I've been talking with many of you and receiving a ton of comments and emails about this journey we are in the middle of, and I have to tell you how encouraged and blessed Jason and I feel. All of your prayers mean so much to us. And the specific prayers for the foster family and Maya's birth mom that some of you have told me about are so touching. One of my friends here in the neighborhood told me she has been praying that the moment our feet hit the ground in Thailand, that Maya's birth mother would have an overwhelming sense of peace come over her and know that her baby girl was going to be okay and taken care of. Isn't that great. I will be praying for the same thing.
I just want all of you to know that this is not a journey that we are going on alone. You all are very much a part of this. And I'm so grateful for that.

Here's to three weeks and counting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn & Jason,
Monty and I will be praying that as well. How exciting and overwhelming this must all be. What a blessing to be able to add to your beautiful family and what a gorgeous addition!

Congratulations, you will all be in our prayers!