Monday, March 31, 2008

Four Months Here!

Well, Maya has been here four months now and it seems as if she's always been in our family. She continues to thrive in language and in her relational development. Now, don't get me wrong. She has her sibling rivalry with Kora and Jackson that may result in biting or hair pulling, but nothing that's not typical. We celebrate what's typical in this house.
Maya's 19 months and is starting to have some attitude. She tells us "no" on a regular basis and has started stomping her foot at us when she says it. It makes Jason and I laugh, but we try to discourage the behavior(but it's pretty cute).
Our pediatrician said Maya has the language of a 2 year old. I'm tellin' you, she is one smart little cookie. And so much fun to watch grow.
Since my last post, Maya has experienced her first snow and trip to KC. There she met some of her cousins and extended family including three great grandma's and great aunts and uncles. Everyone seems to love her. She does have those chubby cheeks that just make you want to pick her up and squeeze her and kiss her all over. We will be attending my cousin's wedding in a few weeks, where the rest of the Sutherland family will finally get to meet Little Miss.
Here are some pics to update ya'll with. Thanks for checking in with us. I know...I need to post a little more often than every three months. I'll try my best.


Fun at the zoo

Ya'll are crazy



Maya in a dress from Thailand



The girls in their Thai dresses

Love those pigtails!

Kora in her Easter dress

3 comments:

chaniemom said...

Glad to see you're blogging again. We've been following your story since we're adopting from Thailand, too. Only we're adopting a girl who's almost thirteen. So, her language skills may come a little slower than Maya's.

hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

Your kiddos are such cuties and you are right she has some enviable cheeks!!!

Hirally

monique said...

love the pics. I am really confused by the bags on her hands, but then again I'm from Louisiana so I don't know much about snow.